May Recipe – Broccoli and Cauliflower Salad
Broccoli and Cauliflower Salad
This salad has a creamy dressing and features broccoli and cauliflower, the flowers of the plants!
Makes 4 servings
- 1 ½ cups broccoli florets, chopped into small pieces
- 1 ½ cups cauliflower florets, chopped into small pieces
- ½ cup carrots, finely sliced
- ¼ cup red onion, diced
- 5 slices bacon, cooked, drained of fat, and chopped
- ½ cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- ¼ cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 pinch of salt
- In a large bowl, combine all salad ingredients.
- In a small bowl, add all dressing ingredients. Note that honey should be soft and runny; warm it up if necessary so that it mixes easily. Whisk the ingredients until well combined and smooth. Add more salt if needed.
- Gradually add the salad dressing to the large bowl with the salad ingredients, and stir everything together. Enjoy!