Where Does Our Food Go?
Coming soon: An interactive map of where our food goes in NJ.
Hunger focused Video Games:
Is rain keeping you from running around outside or helping out at America’s Grow-a-Row? Then try out the following games:
- Urgent Evoke was voted the #1 Social Game of the Year 2010 from Games for Change. Go to: www.urgentevoke.com.
- Food Force can be downloaded onto your computer by clicking that link. You can see what it’s like to go on humanitarian aid missions to countries and communities in need around the world. This game was created by World Food Programme.
Hey kids, most of us are luck enough to have fresh fruits and vegetables even though it doesn’t feel like we’re very lucky when we’re sitting at the dinner table in front of a plate of brussel sprouts, right? Well, it’s hard for a lot of people to get food and a lot harder for those people to get healthy food. Take this quiz to see how much YOU know about hunger!
- How many children does the United Nations estimate die every day from causes related to hunger and poverty? (40, 400, 4,000, 34,000)
- People are hungry because there is not enough food for everybody on our planet. (True or False)
- People in places such as Africa and India are hungry because they dont know how to grow their own food. (True or False)
- Hunger is not a problem in a powerful, wealthy country such as the United States. (True or False)
- If the United States sent more food to hungry countries, hunger could be eliminated. (True or False)
- There is not much one person can do to help end hunger in the world. (True or False)
- Do you think ending hunger is possible? (Yes or No)
(From Finding Solutions to Hunger: Kids Can Make A Difference)
Hunger Quiz Answers: 1. 34,000, 2. F, 3. F, 4. F, 5. F, 6. F, 7. YES