Complete the individual volunteer form to sign up as a volunteer for America’s Grow-a-Row.
To schedule a group, complete the group volunteer form.
Join our farm team! We believe everyone deserves access to fresh food for healthy living. With the help of 9,000 volunteers annually, we harvest, rescue, and donate over 2.5 million pounds, or 10 million servings, of produce to hunger relief agencies throughout New Jersey, New York City, eastern Pennsylvania, the mid-Atlantic region, and beyond. Volunteering with America’s Grow-a-Row is a fun, rewarding experience that directly impacts people struggling with food insecurity in our local communities.
Volunteers of all ages are welcome. No previous experience required. We provide all instructions and tools needed. Come dressed for the weather and to get dirty! If you have a passion for getting healthy food to our neighbors in need, we want to see you out in the fields!
Volunteer in the Fields
From July through November we need many helping hands at our farms, to thin peaches, harvest corn, peaches, zucchini, cabbage, tomatoes, and more! We grow nearly all crops that thrive in the Garden State. You can also help us glean, or rescue, fallen apples in autumn at our partnering farms in Chester, NJ and Blairstown, NJ.
- Organize a group to harvest crops at our Clinton area farms or glean apples at our partner farms. Let us know your preferences by filling out our group volunteer form. Groups can be as small as 5 and over 200 volunteers! Corporations, scouts, schools, faith based groups, and more are welcome.
- Come out as an individual. Please fill out our individual volunteer form, which puts you on our mailing list so that you’ll receive information when volunteer opportunities arise. All ages and experience levels are welcome, those under 16 must be supervised by an adult.
- Free Farm Market® Harvesting (SWAT Team). During harvest season, please join our “SWAT Team” and become a Free Farm Market® Harvester and harvest crops that will be sent specifically to our Free Farm Markets®. We need volunteers that are committed to helping on a regular basis so that they are trained and ready to go during anytime Mondays 2pm-4pm and Tuesday-Thursday 9am-11am. Please contact Connie Miller if you’re interested.
- Join us in the fields for Community Harvest Events, which are scheduled throughout the summer. Some events are planned and others pop up randomly as we need more help in the fields, so please check again for more dates!
Help Children Harvest at Grow-a-Row Kids Farm Days
- High school students: Be a counselor for the day and assist with our Grow-a-Row Kids Farm Days which take place in July.
- Volunteers must be age 14 or older.
- To find out more about Grow-a-Row Kids Farm Days and how to apply to become a counselor, please fill out this form (coming soon!).
Help Raise Funds
- Assist with fundraising or event planning (contact Heather Mulvey).
- Run a Pennies 4 Produce campaign.
- Read more on our donation page.
Learn more about what a day in the fields will look like!