With the help of 9,000 volunteers annually, we plant, harvest, rescue, and donate 1.5 million pounds, or 6 million servings, of produce to hunger relief agencies throughout New Jersey, New York City, eastern Pennsylvania, and the mid-Atlantic region. We would love for you to join us in our mission to get healthy food to our neighbors in need!
Plant and Harvest in the Fields
From mid-April to mid-November we need many helping hands at our farms. Farming is very seasonal, so you could be doing anything from planting string beans, tomatoes, and cabbage, to harvesting corn, peaches, zucchini and more! We grow nearly all crops that thrive in the Garden State.
- Organize a group to plant, harvest, or glean by heading to our Group Volunteer Form. Groups as small as 10 and over 200 volunteers! Corporations, scouts, schools, faith based groups, and more are welcome.
- Come out as an individual community volunteer. We will send you information about where and when we will need many hands in the field to help! All ages and experience levels are welcome, those under 14 must be supervised by an adult.
- Help us glean, or rescue, fallen apples in autumn at our partnering farms: Riamede in Chester, NJ and Longmeadow in Hope, NJ.
Extend your experience! Volunteering events are usually held from 9am-12pm. If you’d like to extend your team building or corporate social responsibility day, we recommend that you consider a wine tasting at Pittstown’s very own Beneduce Vineyards located only 7 minutes away! For more information, please reach out to Beneduce’s Event Coordinator, Jen, at (908) 996-3823 or Jen@
- You can join one of our partner organizations to help deliver produce to one of our Free Farm Market℠ locations from mid-July through November. We are in need of volunteers for markets in Newark, East Orange, Jersey City, Morristown, and Camden.
- Off-the-field gleaning opportunities exist year-round. Volunteers can pick up produce from local ShopRites (Clinton and Flemington) and deliver to local food pantries.
Email Jacqui Witte if you are interested in helping to deliver produce.
Help Children Harvest
- Be a counselor for the day and assist with our Grow-a-Row Kids Farm Days.
- Most counselors are in high school, volunteers under 14 must be accompanied by an adult.
- To find out more about Grow-a-Row Kids Farm Days and how to apply to become a counselor, please fill out this form (coming soon!). A background check will be required.
Help Raise Funds
- Assist with fundraising or event planning (contact Heather Mulvey).
- Run a Pennies 4 Produce campaign.
- Read more on our donation page.