Complete the individual volunteer form to sign up as a volunteer for America’s Grow-a-Row.
To schedule a group, complete the group volunteer form.
Join our farm team! We believe everyone deserves access to fresh food for healthy living. With the help of 9,000 volunteers annually, we harvest, rescue, and donate over 2.5 million pounds, or 10 million servings, of produce to hunger relief agencies throughout New Jersey, New York City, eastern Pennsylvania, the mid-Atlantic region, and beyond. Volunteering with America’s Grow-a-Row is a fun, rewarding experience that directly impacts people struggling with food insecurity in our local communities.
Volunteers of all ages are welcome. No previous experience required. We provide all instructions and tools needed. Come dressed for the weather and to get dirty! If you have a passion for getting healthy food to our neighbors in need, we want to see you out in the fields!
Volunteer in the Fields
From mid-May through November we need many helping hands at our farms, to thin peaches, harvest corn, peaches, zucchini, cabbage, tomatoes, and more! We grow nearly all crops that thrive in the Garden State.
- Organize a group to harvest or glean on our group volunteer form. Groups can be as small as 5 and over 200 volunteers! Corporations, scouts, schools, faith based groups, and more are welcome.
- Come out as an individual community volunteer. We will send you information about where and when we will need many hands in the field to help! All ages and experience levels are welcome, those under 14 must be supervised by an adult.
- Help us glean, or rescue, fallen apples in autumn at our partnering farms: Riamede in Chester, NJ and Longmeadow in Hope, NJ.
- You can join one of our partner organizations to help deliver produce to one of our Free Farm Market℠ locations from the end of July through the beginning of October. We are in need of volunteers for markets in Newark, East Orange, Jersey City, and Camden.
- Off-the-field gleaning opportunities exist year-round. Volunteers can pick up produce from local ShopRites (Clinton, Flemington, Washington, and Chester) and deliver to local food pantries.
Email Tristan Wallack if you are interested in helping to deliver produce.
Help Children Harvest at Grow-a-Row Kids Farm Days
- High school students: Be a counselor for the day and assist with our Grow-a-Row Kids Farm Days.
- Volunteers must be age 14 or older.
- To find out more about Grow-a-Row Kids Farm Days and how to apply to become a counselor, please fill out this form (coming soon!).
Help Raise Funds
- Assist with fundraising or event planning (contact Heather Mulvey).
- Run a Pennies 4 Produce campaign.
- Read more on our donation page.
Learn more about what a day in the fields will look like!