January Recipe – Black Bean Wraps
Black Bean Wraps
Featuring beans and corn – the seeds of the plant!
Makes 4-6 servings
1 green bell pepper
1 red bell pepper
1/4 bunch celery
1/2 lb. green beans
1/2 bunch cilantro
1/2 bunch green onions
1 can corn
1 can black beans
1/3 c. lime juice
1 tbsp. honey
1 and 1/2 tsp. chili powder
1 and 1/2 tsp. cumin
1/2 c. olive oil
Salt and pepper to taste
- Cut stems off green and red bell peppers. Remove and discard seeds. Dice peppers into small pieces.
- Dice cucumber, celery, and green beans.
- Chop cilantro.
- Cut roots off green onions and discard roots. Chop green onions into small pieces.
- Drain and rinse canned corn and black beans.
- Combine all together in a large mixing bowl.
- In a small bowl, combine all dressing ingredients and stir well.
- Add dressing to ingredients in the large mixing bowl and stir until well mixed.
- Enjoy eating as a salad with greens or as a taco on a large lettuce leaf (such as romaine) or wrapped in a tortilla!
Add 1 cup cooked rice to bean filling mixture.
Top with sour cream.